In keeping with School District policy, it is mandatory that all students wear uniforms. This policy will be upheld at Gompers School. This means that everyone must wear the uniform. The official school uniform consists of a red golf shirt with black pants and a belt. Girls may opt for the black skirt or jumper (no jeans or slacks under skirts and jumpers!) Accessories include a red sweater and black shoes or sneakers.
The Gompers Physical Education uniform consists of the red Gompers T-shirt with the black Gompers shorts or black sweatpants or the official school uniform is also acceptable for gym (must have sneakers). Shorts may be worn under skirts only on gym day. All students must wear sneakers on gym day!
We have also permitted a warm weather uniform, which can consist of the following:
1. Red golf shirt or Gompers T-shirt (tucked in). – Muscle shirts, oversized t-shirts, tank tops, midriff bearing tops and halter-tops are not acceptable at any time.
2. Black shorts that are no more than 2 inches above the knee or black capri pants. The Gompers “mesh” gym shorts are also acceptable.
3. Students are not allowed to wear mules, clogs or open-toed sandals at any time.
4. Unless otherwise noted by your child’s teacher, all students must wear their uniform on trips.
5. New students must wear uniforms within 3 weeks of being enrolled at Gompers. In the meantime, they may wear black and white or uniforms worn at their former school. (See Principal for any hardships)
On dress down days, muscle shirts, oversized t-shirts, tank tops, midriff bearing tops and halter-tops are still unacceptable. T-shirts with objectionable words, phrases or symbols may not be worn. Only students who follow the uniform policy regularly can participate in dress down day. Thank you for your attention to this matter.